I'd like to say I have an excuse for forgetting my Mom's birthday except it happens every year. First, my brother on August 28th and then my Mom on the 30th. I forget every year. I was actually talking to my Mom on the phone for like 45 minutes on the 30th and discussing dates for something when I said, "Is today your birthday Mom?". "Yyyyess" Doh! What a bad daughter!
Earlier this week, after my Mom's birthday, I found one of those cards that have sound...when you open it says something like, "I like presents. I like you. You make me feel all gooey, gooey, goo!". Very funny - I thought. I planned on making my Mom a gift before they head up east next week for their fall trip. BUT...I got sick. Bummer. 101' temperature for 2 days - I'm not a good patient. I was very cranky. Especially since I'm breastfeeding my 4 month old and I can't really take a lot of meds. I finally called my doc and said, HELP! He said to take some advil and that kicked my aches and fever almost instantly. Still got a head full of goop but feeling much better.
As I was slowly recouping this morning, I went down to my studio to knock out a gift for my Mom since they were up here today at my girls school for "grandparents day". I met her and my Dad at the school this afternoon and gave her this bag with a matching accessory bag. I also made a little flower pin and put a super cute new button I got recently (see one of my older posts - I've been doing a LOT of shopping lately) on the bag. My Mom is big on quilts so I made this all patchwork like a quilt. She loved it. Whew...good thing!
I also worked on a new item for the Spring collection. I already have at least 4 new bags that will be coming out in March. In addition, I'll be doing aprons, mother and daughter in different designs, ready for release at the end of February - just in time to order for gift giving on Mother's Day. Until then, if you host a Two Peas trunk show, you'll receive an apron for your hostess gift. I HEART APRONS - they rock. I love how they are kind of vintage but with a modern twist - and it just feels so "june cleaver" like to wear one. I wear one all the time when I'm at home. You girlfriends of mine know that - drop by unexpected and chances are, I'll be at the front door to greet you in my crazy, freebie, Martha Stewart apron.
So, here's a preview of the a
Eliza Jane made me some chocolate chip cookies today - Ken told her I was craving some while I was sick. (she's a neighbor to the park where he works). So, thank you.
1 comment:
My list keeps growing! I love the aprons and they are now on my list of things I need to buy in the next 4 or so trucks shows that I'm going to!!!
See you Sunday!
Post a Comment