Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day - I'm exhausted!

Can we squeeze in just one more thing before summer ends? Wow! I'm pooped. We started at the ice cream social for our historical society. The Taylor family kids entertained all at the old school house with their civil war dress and fantastic music. They were amazingly talented.

We went to our festival in town two days in a row. The girls had fun riding the rides. I enjoyed my frescante from Harvest Moon, the local coffeehouse - nice and cold. Much needed this weekend - it was HOT! The parade was really, really long and I think every politician in Franklin and Fairfield county walked the route. I bribed the girls to go home...I said, "you can either ride another ride and drop $6 for a single ride (for both girls) OR I'll take you to the store right now and you can take that $6 and get a new petshop and let us all go home". They made a beeline for the car - it was great. We found a pool that was clearanced for $9 and brought that home too. They were perfectly happy - and I was very happy to be able to sit in my own home without being bumped about by sweaty people and smelling greasy fair food. We had yummy beef stroganoff that I made with extra mushrooms, just like they like it!

Now - on to the rush that the month of September will be for me. It's only the 1st and already, I can NOT wait for it to be October! My favorite FAVORITE holiday is in October...Halloween! We always have a halloween party and I decorate with Halloween villages and spider webs and fun and creepy things all over. Love it!! And my favorite? Trick or treating in our historical downtown district. It is just the coolest hometown experience. Everybody decorates outside, dresses up, makes a big production out of trick or treat. I'm saving up for the octopus carnival ride to add to my haunted village - it's at Michaels. You gotta check out all their village pieces! Very fun! I fall asleep dreaming of all the fun we'll have in October - that will get me through the hectic drudgery of September.

No comments: