

I have found myself daydreaming lately of the beach...my favorite spot on earth. I've been visiting this place since I was 2 years old and this year, we didn't go because of our new baby. So today, I started searching for good deals to take a trip down late this fall. Hopefully, we can make it happen because all I can think about is just sitting on the beach with my toes in the sand and reading a book - the smells, the sounds, the wind - how it feels. Ahhh...just dreamin' of the beach. We spent last Thanksgiving at West Palm Beach and Disney while I was early in my second trimester. Nice but I love "my" beach in NC. I think I can only go about 6-9 months before I feel a physical need to be back at the beach - a need to be recharged by what nature offers there.
You'd think I'd be doing more than just daydreaming at this moment. My parents have my girls for a few days. It was SUPPOSED to be a few days off for me but instead, story of the life of a parent, it's been less than that. I drove them down south yesterday and when we arrived - of course, my one daughter had a fever by the time we got there of 103'! I left one of the twins with my parents, took the other one home. A 3 hour round trip. Next day, she wakes up fever free. Get ready to make the trek down south again to my parents and she spikes a fever late in the day. I give her Motrin, warn my Mom she's still got some fever and take her anyway. She was dying to go and see her sister. Another 3 hour round trip. So, today, almost kid free (the baby is only 3 months so she's pretty easy!) I should be cleaning house, laundry, post office trip, sewing notions shopping and grocery shopping but instead...I'm daydreaming about the beach and looking up what deals on houses they have and what is available. Again, ahh.....the beach.
On the "production" side of my life...I've been working on some accessory bags. I made a couple of accessory bags with the snaps. I also have a new style of a wristlet I've named for my friend who suggested the style so she'd have a bag to hang on her golf bag. It's called the "Joans out to lunch with the ladies" wristlet - I took a stash up to the Harvest Moon Coffeehouse for sale last week. I'm going to work on more of the wristlets this week. I'll post some photos later of that.
Right now, "trash kitty" is doing her howling at the front window routine...cue to go feed her.
2 comments:
I want an accessory bag. A lot.
Just sayin'...
I think that's mine!!!! I can't wait to see it! Lori said that she got our's yesterday so I'm looking forward to getting mine!!!! YEAHHHHHH!!!!
Post a Comment