This is Rosie. Rosie the barn cat. Rosie loves her world - lots of birds to prey on. I recently bought Rosie a bright pink collar with a bell on it hoping to save a few of those birds. She's learned how to pounce and not ring so much.The last two weeks there has been a blue jay that frequents our front porch where Rosie and the other cat, Olivia (I'll post a photo of her too) eat their yummy vittles. The blue jay apparently likes cat food because daily, he would show up for hours at a time taking one piece of food at a time.
Last night, the garage door was left open. I woke up when a thunderstorm started and found it open and closed it. It was dark. I didn't look around for any cats, etc. Hey, it was 4am.
This morning, I am ready to head out with my 7 year olds and baby in tow and found that Rosie, the barn cat with the bright pink collar with the bell on it, has left a "gift" for us in the garage, right in the doorway. It was...the blue jay. Apparently, Rosie had enough of his stealing her food and decided she'd put him 6 feet under. He was intact but dead - obviously a murder with meaning...left as a calling card for any other of his blue jay friends that might think about stealing her food. I guess that won't happen, eh?
No comments:
Post a Comment