Sunday, July 20, 2008

Today I was feeling a little sluggish but still managed to get one of my orders done from the party I did on Friday night. One of the women ordered this crazy colorful stroller quilt.
This was so much fun to put
together. I think it turned out great - I'm tempted to keep it for myself!
My girls were trying to quilt with me...they were picking up my scraps and laying them all out for quilts for their strawberry shortcake dolls. I showed them my quilting foot on my machine and talked about seam allowances and pressing the seams...they just wanted me to sew them together. :>) Sometime soon I'm going to show them how to sew on one of my older machines. No doubt, they will be better sewers than me by the time they are teenagers. They are already both fabulous designers. Em especially has the knack for being incredibly creative.

Excited to get to my other orders this week - my friend Jen ordered a great purse with this bumblebee and ladybug print. I'll share it here when I get to it this week.

Tomorrow, back to my "real job" and the girls will be at daycamp all week with a friend. I actually look forward to work knowing that I get to bring my newborn with me. I feel so much more productive because my mind is not wandering missing her so! This baby phase is gone so fast - I don't want to miss one moment of it.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, you accomplish more when you're sluggish than I do when I'm working in full force. Really? Need you make us lazy folks look even lazier?

Amazing work, I am so excited about my bag, I might have a dream tonight about how awesome I look when I wear it. Sad. Yet.... true.

Jill said...

OMG, that looks amazing! I saw your blog on Jen's blog roll. I clicked on it and wa - la! Fabulous! Lori is going to be so thrilled! I love it!

Fabulous job Trish!!!!

Two Peas in a Pod Homegrown Designs said...

You just entertain me...I'll be getting to your bag Wednesday or Thursday this week. I like to get the orders done quick so I can get them out...hate having "lists" of stuff to do every day! :>)