Saturday, July 26, 2008

To the post office


I woke up this morning and thought I'd get one more bag done and take the whole load to the post office. However, waking up was one thing I didn't do very well today. I did get a tote made. I did get everything packaged here to go out to the post office. I just didn't actually make it out the door to the post office today. And I found out, I have a legitimate excuse for being lazy!

All day today, from the 6am feeding of my 3 month old through the afternoon, after every feeding, I felt like falling asleep with her. And did...after 3 of her feedings. She only nurses 6 times a day so...really, uh, I slept a lot. Took a nap after the 6am feeding. Slept about 30 minutes out on the hammock this afternoon while my "two peas" played on the slip and slide. And then, because my studio is the coolest room in the house, I fell asleep down there after another feeding. My studio doubles as our guest room so I have double bed in there...love it! Sew, sleep, watch tv in there. I even ate breakfast in my studio today.

Anyway...I woke up and continued to read my book, "The Baby Whisperer". It says, if you're sleepy after nursing, it's because you're dumping a hormone called oxytocin. Who knew!? I'm not just lazy - I have a real tangible excuse for sleeping all day. I LOVE it! Guess what the book said to do to remedy it?! Sleep! Again, LOVE IT!

Funny thing was, when I came upstairs after napping again - it was 5:40pm...everyone in my house was asleep. One of the "peas" was in the family room , asleep in a chair, the other one was laying next to her Daddy in bed, they were both snoring. Needless to say, being blurry eyed yet again, this has been the year of "take out" dinners. Horrible to say but we eat out almost twice a week. Tonight was no exception - some mediocre Chinese food from the local takeout (when what I really wanted was some lettuce wraps). Between a rough pregnancy and then the newborn, cooking has not been at the top of my list of accomplishments. My new years resolution that I'm resolving now in July - go back to what we used to do - eat out once or twice a month, not a week. Ugh...can't wait for the "homegrown" goodies to start coming from the garden so we can munch on fresh, good food!

*Note to self, kiss the gardener to thank him for his hard labor! Love fresh veggies!
Two Peas in a Pod Homegrown Designs

No comments: