Lately, I have been a terrible wife. Just had a baby, cranky, moody, just unappreciative of all the wonderful things my husband does. Last night, was no exception. One of my daughters asked me about a dish... I was too lazy to get it, and so I told her to get one from the dishwasher since I had not unloaded it since they were cleaned. Much to my delight, when she opened it, it was empty.Just after that, my other daughter came in from being outside with her Dad, and said, "for you Mommy from Daddy". It was this rose. He had just watered the plants outside and it still had water droplets on it that looked like tiny diamonds. Simple pure pleasures that make me smile and feel all warm inside. When I think about what heaven will be like one day, moments like this are how I imagine it. Simple pleasures, warmth of love, acts of kindness so good they make me cry. (of course, that could also be my raging hormones but this husband of mine - I love him and love God for bringing him to me.)
1 comment:
I can sooo relate to that! I was so cold hearted for the longest time after the twins were born, and I didn't even realize it. Sometimes I still get the cold shoulder, but for the most part I catch myself and wanna say "Renae, what are you doing? Appreciate him!" This is a wonderful idea, to start blogging! Maybe I should start?! How's precious sophia doing? Love you!
Post a Comment