

Ok...so my girls and I hit the jackpot this week. At least, in our world. I made some new things to take up to Harvest Moon Coffeehouse to sell and I told them we'd go shopping downtown and check out the new thrift store that just opened up. My one daughter wanted to get a pair of clip on earrings and some not clip ons - tear them apart and attach findings onto the clip ons. Seriously, she's been designing jewelery since she was 6, maybe even younger (well, she's only 7 now so I guess that was not that long ago) and she has such an eye for design. I'm always on the look out for anything vintage.
My daughter found her earrings and was thrilled. I found some vintage sheets that I'm going to cut up and make into my eco-vintage recycled market bags. I also found some othervintage material that I think I may use to make some aprons. I also found a bag of odds and ends - what caught my eye was this really cool package of needles with kitties on it. Perfect to put on the shelf in my studio. The bag was full of all kinds of stuff and I took out the needles and gave the rest to my girls.
Instantly, with all that "stuff", they made a "table" for some dolls, used a bunch of glitter to make these face things with eyes, and with these tiny little doll shoes - they filled them with the little fake flowers. Really cool little designs! I love the shoe full of flowers...it's sitting up on my window sill in the kitchen.
I also found a mason jar full of BUTTONS! Ohhh...how I love love LOVE buttons. I use them on my purses with the button and loop closures and I love it when I can find some old vintage ones to use. This jar was full of all kinds of great finds and you all will soon see them on my new bags and the little girl dresses I make. Too much fun! 1/3 of the jar was usable. The rest, just pretty to fill the jar up OR I'll use them to make some magnets or napkin rings. For Christmas one year, I made my Mom these awesome napkin rings that were elastic rings LOADED with little vintage buttons.
SO, think of me if you're going thrifting or to the flea market. The girls and I LOVE to go - call us!
1 comment:
I love the idea of using the buttons for napkin rings... very cute!
Post a Comment