When do you lose that kid attitude of "who cares who sees me running through the fountains at the mall" kind of attitude, ya know? I mean, seriously, life is short and it should be filled with a moment every day that just makes you want to...well, scream and run through the fountain in public. Am I right? Just pure fun, pure joy. We had a really great day...I must say...I AM the coupon queen.
Went to Children's Place and got these "awww- dorable" socks and tights for the girls. Total was like twenty - some dollars. I however, with my coupon savy self, used a 15% coupon along with my $10 place perks - got the whole lot for $7.46. Ohh, nothing feels better than a good deal, eh?
Next, Build a Bear Workshop. I tell my girls, you got five bucks to spend there. That's it. Not six, not seven, not eight...five bucks. These two found the $10 teddies there and each got a new bear made for $5.34. It can be done - you can get out of Build a Bear for only five bucks. Way cool and they were in hog heaven with a not only a new bear but I think they were equally excited about saving money. I love it!
We also painted a plate for our newest pea - put her feet in some paint and printed them on the plate with her name. It will go on the wall with the other two girls plates. The savings queen -totally defeated in this place. Don't even ask what I spent for the 3 of us to paint some tiny little bowls. Shheez...I could have bought an entire dinnerware set for 12 for the price I paid. But I got my plate...and we had fun. Where else can you create something like that? Well, actually we can do it at my brothers house but that's besides the point. (my sister in law is a sculptor, so was my great aunt, and my grandparents were artists and potters) :>)
Ended the day with, of course, some black raspberry chip ice cream from Graeters. MMM! Good way to end the day. Every day should include running in fountains and eating ice cream!
1 comment:
I love the idea of making a plate with your babies feet for every child! That's so darling!
Post a Comment