Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My big 'ol belly

With the little bundle of joy who sat on my lap as I worked today, I think back to all the anticipation of her arrival day. Who would think that 15 weeks later, I would be longing for the days when she was kicking inside, imagining what she would be like and savoring those days of being pregnant. Especially since 15 weeks ago I can recall moaning almost non stop at the aches, pains and misery but it was all so worth it. After it's all over, I miss it.

My awesome sister in law casted my belly for me when I was 6 months pregnant. Then I took some fabric from the curtains I have in my studio and covered the casting with them. A perfect reminder and beautiful piece of art for my sewing studio. I love it, love it, love it.

No comments: