Thursday, August 28, 2008

Life in the "country"

Ok...seriously, I live like 4 minutes from a Meijer store, yet we're on a rural road. I have 2 neighbors that I can see from my house. Rural because we all live on large parcels here - 1/4 of my neighbors farm. Not so rural because we are so close to town. So why, somebody, tell me why, none of us on my street can get...high speed internet!! I would blog more often if it weren't an hour long process every time I sit down and try to load a single photo on my puny dial up connection. Ohh - somebody wave the fairy wand over my street and wish upon us all high speed connectivity!!

I've vented. I'm done. For now...it'll boil back up later, I'm sure.

Last week, Jill hosted a wonderful trunk show at her home. Thanks Jill! Lots of beautiful designs were chosen and I'm excited to get all the fabric in and get started. My driveway has been a buzz yesterday and today with the first of 6 shipments of fabric. I found some super cute buttons too that I can't wait to use.

I spent the afternoon today at the store, completing a 4 hour survey on a new sewing / embroidery machine. Very cool. Of course, it cost more than my car! Whew...maybe someday. I did learn some cool stuff about my own machine that is similar - things it does that I didn't know it did. I'm excited because I found a stitch I can use for applique. I'll soon be offering kids shirts and onesies with cool little critters on them, numbers for their age for birthday shirts, and other stuff I think up. Can't wait! I'll probably add some stuff to the recycled jeans I sell too. I'll show it off later!

I thought this was quite funny. I'm passing by my bedroom window and I look out and see Rosie (refer back to an earlier post about Rosie the barn cat). Rosie likes to kill birds in our yard. I don't like Rosie to do that. The birds don't like it either. I bought Rosie a bright pink collar with a bell on it. After a month of scratching at it, she came home one day, naked. No collar. I lost count how many she has gotten out of. So I look out my window. There sits Rosie. In the bird bath. Next to the wren house. Watching for birds. The next day, a cat bird was sitting under our basketball hoop, looking like somebody had done surgery on him and forgot to close him up. Ohhh, Rosie!!! Mice Rosie...you are the mouser!!! No birds!!

1 comment:

Jill said...

We all had a great time! I'm so glad that your products were such a hit! I can't wait to see everyone's creations!

Sorry that you missed out on the food! See you next weekend for the next trunk show!!!